U.S. Senate Resolution on "National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week"
Resolved, That the Senate–
(1) designates the week beginning September 8, 2013, as ‘National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week’;
(2) recognizes the dedication and vital role of direct support professionals in enhancing the lives of individuals of all ages with disabilities;
(3) appreciates the contribution of direct support professionals in supporting the needs that are beyond the capacities of millions of families in the United States;
(4) commends direct support professionals as integral in supporting the long-term support and services system of the United States; and
(5) finds that the successful implementation of the public policies of the United States depends on the dedication of direct support professionals.”
Read the rest of S.R. 208 at http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/sres208/text