Welcome to the HireMyCare.org!
Acumen Fiscal Agent understands that one of the challenges to directing your own care can be finding and recruiting a care provider in your area that meets your unique requirements. Pay rate, scheduling availability, skills, certification, and experience are all important factors when finding the right employee. Sometimes you may need to replace an employee quickly so that your services are not interrupted. That’s why Acumen has teamed up with HireMyCare.org to provide you with this easy-to-use registry of care workers.
No more posting jobs in the local paper or on the community bulletin board. Simply search our database of local caregivers by selecting the rate you are willing to pay, the schedule you need to fill, and certifications you require. Find what you need. Hire who you want. This is what consumer-directed care is about. This is HireMyCare.org.
Here’s How to Sign Up
- Click here and enter in your information. Some required items are:
- A user name of your own creation
- A password (try to avoid names or common words)
- Your email address (which we don’t share with anybody)
- Your State
- Your City
- Your Zip Code (Which should match your city)
- Your AFA ID Number
- Enter your job details after you’ve signed up
HireMyCare.org makes it easy to search for caregivers.
- Create a Job Posting
- Search for Caregivers
- Create Saved Searches/Favorite Caregivers
- Contacting Caregivers
- Hire a Caregiver For Your Job
Create a Job Posting
Creating a new position on HireMyCare.org is fast and easy:
Sign into your HireMyCare.org account and click “Post a New Job”, and complete the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Location ZIP code
- Any gender requirements for the new job
- Any age requirements for the new job
- The minimum pay rate for the new job
- If this new job requires work around pets
- If this new job requires work around smoke
- If this new job requires the caregiver to provide transportation for the Care Recipient
- If this new position requires a clean driving record (for the last 5 years)
- If this new position requires a current background check
- Are there certifications needed for this position, such as CPR or RN certifications?
- What experience is needed for this position, such as experience with autism or alzheimer’s
- Specific tasks for this position, such as cooking or feeding assistance
- Work schedule
- Care location for this position
- Any language requirements for this position
- Any educational requirements
To respect your privacy, other users of the site will be able to see only your user name, zip code and posting-specific items. For your safety, we strongly discourage the sharing of personal information before you hire someone for a posting.
Search for Caregivers
- You can look for any caregivers or businesses near you by entering your zip code, selecting a radius around you, or you can use an advanced search to find caregivers based on specific needs such as experience, availability, and certifications.
- If a caregiver is found, you can click on an caregiver’s name to find out more about them and see their qualifications. If they seem to be a good fit for your posted job, you can add them as a favorite caregiver or message them and suggest they apply for your open job.
Saved Searches/Favorite Caregivers
Finding the caregivers to consistently fill a need can be difficult. That’s why hiremycare.org allows you speed up the process by saving a caregiver search and re-run it at any time. Each time you create a new search, you can click “Save this search and give it a unique name, (something like “Respite care Afternoons” works well) and come back to it at any time.
We also know how important it is to find caregiver whom you know and trust, that’s why you can save a caregiver as a Favorite and keep their contact information close by at all times. When viewing a caregiver record, click “Favorite” at the bottom of the caregiver profile page and they’ll be added to your list of Favorites to review and contact without searching again.
Sometimes you need more information to make a good caregiver choice, or want to let a caregiver know you’re interested in hiring them at a later date. hiremycare.org’s built-in messaging system allows you to easily contact caregivers and vendors anonymously, without fear of exposing any private information.
- To view your messages sent and received from caregivers and vendors, click on the Mailbox link contact a caregiver within hiremycare.org, click on the “Mail” link in your Dashboard.
- If you want to reach out to new caregivers or vendors, you can select one from the search results of caregivers or vendors near you and contact them on their profile page, or you can contact Favorite Caregiver and Vendors directly.
Hiring a Caregiver For Your Job
When a caregiver applies to your posted job, you can hire them immediately. Under “Notifications” on your dashboard, you’ll see the caregivers who have applied to your posting. Once you’ve chosen a caregiver that fits best with your needs, you can mark them as a Favorite to keep track of them for later and hire them for your job.
After you’ve had a chance to work with your new employee, please take a moment to rate their level of care, from one star (marginal) to five stars (superb).
If you need to release the caregiver from your job and look for someone else, you can click on that caregiver in your Favorites and release them from your employment.
Have more questions? Read our FAQ’s or contact us online.
Are you an employee that would like more jobs near you? Register as a Caregiver and be hired today.